Monday, August 25, 2014

Outfit of the day-Sunday


I decided to start making more regular outfit posts, highlighting pieces by favorite designers. It's a change for this blog, and I will probably try to verbalize some of the reasons for it as (if) I continue. Short version: visibility.

Today, I'm wearing a blouse by PRIMEROVA (see the post on Moscow Shopping for details). Pants are APC, and the shoes are my trusty Miu Miu slingbacks - they are five years old, and simply don't seem to wear out! The topper is by Emerson Fry, another indie designer that staked out a permanent place in my closet. The belt is vintage Jill Stuart. I've been trying to play with patterns and textures a bit; I like the effect although it is not quite my usual minimal and mostly achromatic aesthetic.

I rarely wear makeup in my outfit pictures- this is by design. While I do wear some basic makeup for work (tinted moisturizer, blush, lipstick or tinted balm), in pictures I prefer to look less polished. I am not sure why that is, but I have a sense that it feels less staged this way. Anyway, here're the pics! 




No comments: